Compliance & Risk Manager for Copenhagen office
Copenhagen Infrastructure Service Company (CISC) – a service provider working exclusively for Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners (CIP), is currently looking for a Compliance and Risk Manager to join our newly established People Function – and a highly motivated group of colleagues with extensive experience within investments and delivery of energy infrastructure assets (offshore/onshore wind, solar, thermal and PtX). The role is based in Copenhagen and will support our global projects and project companies.
Your main responsibility will be to lead the Compliance and Risk Management function within CISC in all its jurisdictions and across all our projects. You will be responsible for ensuring a high level of conduct, advising the business and reporting on regulatory risks. You will report to the Head of People and Partnerships, and work closely with the CIP Legal, Compliance and ESG department headed by CIP’s General Counsel.
Responsibilities will further consist of but are not limited to:
- Promoting a strong Compliance culture throughout the company
- Provide Compliance and regulatory advice to the business mainly towards the projects and project entities
- Proactively coordinating and overseeing the identification, assessment, mitigation and reporting of regulatory compliance risks
- Carrying out hands on project due diligence and compliance related work
- Supporting the development of a CISC Compliance framework
- Provide awareness training
- Interacting with regulatory authorities where applicable
- Implementation of new regulation and reviewing existing controls and procedures to identify gaps.
- Produce monitoring reports to the management on compliance risks
Main Interfaces / stakeholders:
- Direct reporting line to the CISC Head of People and Partnerships
- Project Directors, Project teams
- Tax, Legal, Compliance and ESG
- CIP Network Companies working on projects
- CIP Deal and Investment management teams across funds
We are looking for a candidate holding a relevant master’s degree, e.g., Master of Laws or MSc in Business Administration and Commercial law or another relevant field, with approximately 5-7 years of work experience from a similar position in an international setting. Experience from a Compliance-function in the financial sector or the energy sector is an advantage.
We look for the following in a candidate
- Proven work experience coordinating and managing project compliance in international projects, and managing and reporting on risks
- High integrity and positive attitude
- A great team-player and high energy level, willing to do hands-on work
- Strong understanding of compliance, risk and regulatory issues in the financial sector and investment area
- Risk and stakeholder management, excellent organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize effectively
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to details
- Determined, structured, and likes to work in an international, fact-faced environment
- Fluency in English both verbal and writing, fluency in Danish is an advantage
- To apply for the position, please send your cover letter, resume, and other relevant documents to Julie Brand, firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible, and no later than October 18, 2022.
- For questions related to the role, you can reach out to Lorenza Porciello, VP Head of People and Partnerships, at email@example.com.
Applications will be processed on an ongoing basis. Please note that all enquiries will be handled with confidentiality and that we will reply to the email address from which you send your CV.
- CISC is owned by the CI I, CI II, CI III, CI IV, CI New Market Fund I (NMF I), CI Energy Transition Fund I (ETF I), CI Artemis I and CI Artemis II, CI Advanced Bioenergy Fund I (ABF I), and CI Green Credit Fund I (GCF I) funds managed by Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners (CIP) with the purpose of delivering services to the growing portfolio of renewable assets managed by CIP.
- We enable high-performing renewables through specialist competencies, proactive business development and mutual value creation with trusted third-party suppliers. Our core focus is managing construction and operations of renewables, and we deliver a range of services related to construction management, commercial and operational management, financial management, compliance, tax and ESG.
- We provide a local presence in our key markets as our teams continue to develop and deliver best-in-class services that are tailored to our wide range of assets – from offshore and onshore wind projects, to solar and thermal assets.
- Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners (CIP) is a fund management company founded in 2012, which currently has 10 funds and more than EUR 18 billion under management. CIP’s current investments include a wide range of energy infrastructure assets including offshore wind, onshore wind, solar PV, biomass and energy from waste, transmission, distribution, and other energy assets like reserve capacity and storage. CIP has a global focus and currently manages investments in Europe, North America, and Asia Pacific.