Head of PtX, EPC - Spain
The Head of PtX EPC is a key leadership position within CIP’s PtX Spanish portfolio. In this role you will be involved in a broad range of critical activities including project development, contract negotiations and operational matters. To be successful in this role you must be capable of managing multiple tasks with a technical approach to the projects. The position requires a combination of strong interpersonal skills in cooperating with project teams, internal and external stakeholders, developers/subcontractors. You will need to be a self-starter and, with limited guidance, be able to lead the team to deliver in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment.
Main Interfaces / stakeholders
- Direct reporting line to the Project Director
- Continuous exposure to CIP and CISC senior management
- Manage third party suppliers involved in project development
- Lead customer and supplier negotiations
- Participate and drive Steering Committee meetings where applicable
General Responsibilities & Tasks
Areas of responsibility and tasks will evolve over time but include the following:
- Manage and cooperate with all parties involved to the assigned construction project (internal and external stakeholders, developers/subcontractors, etc), especially with the main contractors and suppliers to ensure timelines and budgets are kept in control.
- Coordinate and perform activities such as developing of project budgets, track site activities, project schedules, Invoicing, bank/payment guarantees, documentation requirements etc.
- Support the various contract negotiations for a successful project, followed by identification of the critical baseline and all the necessary external support.
- Identify, implement, and monitor improvement and/or corrective actions throughout project management (schedule, scope, cost, quality, safety).
- Report to the Project Director in all stages of the projects, reporting to financial, legal included. Internal reporting must include potential risks and precautions regarding the construction, licenses, or contracts.
- Participate in optimizations / modifications to the technical approach to the projects, namely in terms of scope, time, and cost.
- Coordination of the technical studies required to file the different authorizations to build and operate solar and wind farms.
- Follow up the correct execution of the construction in all the stages. Collect, examine, approve, and integrate any modification on the initial project.
- Manage internal project reporting
- Work closely with the rest of the project leadership team (i.e., Commercial Director, Project CFO, EPC Director) to guarantee alignment across all project workstreams and take projects to FID
- Flexibility to support more broadly as required
- The place of work will be in Madrid, Spain. Some travel is to be expected
- University Degree in Civil / Mechanical / Electrotechnical / Environmental Engineering or similar
- At least 10 years of experience in Construction Management of Renewable energy complex projects
- Have a detailed understanding on current Spanish construction regulations
- Excellent language skills in Spanish, high level of English
- Geographic and travel availability within Spain
- Local knowledge combined with the experience of an international work environment
- Attention to detail with the ability to efficiently manage complex technical projects and equally complex commercial negotiations
- Outstanding communication and management skills
- Excellent decision-making and prioritization skills. Ability to convert complex problems into actionable items
- Hands on, can-do, proactive attitude
To apply for the position, please send your cover letter and resume to Julie Brand at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
Interviews will be held on an ongoing basis. For any inquiries about the position, please use email above. Application deadline is January 15, 2022.
About CISC Europe
- CISC is owned by the CI I, CI II, CI III, CI IV and NMF funds managed by Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners (CIP) with the purpose of delivering services to the growing portfolio of renewable assets managed by CIP.
- We enable high-performing renewables through specialist competencies, proactive business development and mutual value creation with trusted third-party suppliers. Our core focus is managing construction and operations of renewables, and we deliver a range of services related to construction management, commercial and operational management, financial management, compliance, tax and ESG.
- We provide a local presence in our key markets as our teams continue to develop and deliver best-in-class services that are tailored to our wide range of assets – from offshore and onshore wind projects, to solar and thermal assets.
- Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners (CIP) is a fund management company founded in 2012, which currently has eight funds and more than EUR 16 billion under management. CIP’s current investments include a wide range of energy infrastructure assets including offshore wind, onshore wind, solar PV, biomass and energy from waste, transmission, distribution, and other energy assets like reserve capacity and storage. CIP has a global focus and currently manages investments in Europe, North America, Asia and Australia.