Senior Commercial Manager
The Senior Commercial Manager will be involved in a broad range of activities across CIP’s European portfolio, including contractual, financial, commercial and operational matters. You must be capable of managing multiple tasks and prioritising according to shareholder interests. The position requires a blend of strong interpersonal skills in cooperating with Project teams, third party shareholders and local stakeholders and a high attention to detail. You will need to be a self-starter and take initiative to act in a fast-paced environment with sometimes limited guidance.
Main Interfaces / stakeholders
- Direct reporting line to CISC CCO
- Cooperate with CIP Asset Management and Investment teams as required
- Manage third party suppliers, for example Peak Wind, Blue Power Partners and others
- Participate and drive Steering Committee meetings where applicable
General Responsibilities & Tasks
Areas of responsibility and tasks will evolve over time but include the following:
- Drive performance, synergies and risk mitigations for renewable energy projects in Europe
- Work closely with CCO / CIP Asset Management to deliver shareholder and investor requirements (e.g compliance, CI business case, ESG and reporting on matters outside of the Project Co’s).
- Ensuring effective cash calls, distributions, invoicing etc.
- Maintain effective relationship with suppliers involved in the projects. Involvement in contract administration as required
- Provide advisory and presentations to shareholders and the Projects for priority work groups requiring local knowledge
- Ensure high performing operational assets, ie. high operational performance, low costs and right risk level, supplier monitoring and ensuring necessary service / loan agreements are in place.
- Flexibility to support more broadly across CIP’s European portfolio if required and agreed
- Manage relationships with local partners / shareholders on European projects (including dispute resolutions as required), as well as local financial institutions
- Ensure on boarding and relationship / contract management of any new Project shareholders
- Manage relationship with CIP internal stakeholders such as CIP Asset Management and Investment Teams by proactively addressing issues and ensuring performance transparency
- The place of work will be in Copenhagen, Denmark. Some travel is to be expected
- Master’s degree or MBA within a relevant commercial, legal or engineering field of studies
- 6-8 years of asset management experience preferably within renewable energy industries
- Proven commercial, contractual and financial skills. Operational knowledge will also be positively considered
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills as well as high proficiency in powerpoint
- Proficiency in Spanish will be positively viewed
To apply for the position, please send your cover letter, resume, and other relevant documents to our Managing Director, Martin Brogaard at email@example.com as soon as possible.
Interviews will be held on an ongoing basis. For any inquiries about the position, please use email above.
About CISC Europe
- CISC is owned by the CI I, CI II, CI III, CI IV and NMF funds managed by Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners (CIP) with the purpose of delivering services to the growing portfolio of renewable assets managed by CIP.
- We enable high-performing renewables through specialist competencies, proactive business development and mutual value creation with trusted third-party suppliers. Our core focus is managing construction and operations of renewables, and we deliver a range of services related to construction management, commercial and operational management, financial management, compliance, tax and ESG.
- We provide a local presence in our key markets as our teams continue to develop and deliver best-in-class services that are tailored to our wide range of assets – from offshore and onshore wind projects, to solar and thermal assets.
- Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners (CIP) is a fund management company founded in 2012, which currently has six funds and more than EUR 10 billion under management. CIP’s current investments include a wide range of energy infrastructure assets including offshore wind, onshore wind, solar PV, biomass and energy from waste, transmission, distribution, and other energy assets like reserve capacity and storage. CIP has a global focus and currently manages investments in Europe, North America, Asia and Australia.