Tax Manager - CISC Americas
The Tax Manager will work closely with the Finance Team to oversee the entire US and Canada tax compliance process and other tax related matters. In this position, you will work closely with external tax advisors and other external consultants to ensure tax filings and deliverables to stakeholders are completed timely. From time to time there will also be internal tax related requests that you will assist with. This role is located in New York City or Chicago.
- Coordinate with others to manage the tax compliance process
- Review tax deliverables (tax returns, K-1s, 1099s, etc.) with a focus on accuracy and timeliness
- Research tax issues and keep informed of tax developments
- Prepare FDAP, ECI and FIRPTA withholding tax calculations, review the forms prepared by service provider and keep track of W-8/W-9 of internal entities and investors
- Prepare quarterly Federal and State tax estimates
- Responsible for making tax payments and/or coordinating the payments
- Maintain up to date structure charts
- Contact the IRS or other state departments as necessary to resolve notices
- Ability to identify and provide solutions to tax issues
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must possess strong organizational skills and analytical skills
- Experience with corporations and partnerships/LLC taxation
- Experience with state and use tax, specifically with renewable projects, is a plus
- Familiar with foreign withholding tax and state tax filings
- Must be a CPA
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in private or public accounting firm
- Experience in Renewable Energy, Power & Utilities, Infrastructure or Real Estate is preferred
Please send your resume and cover letter, as well as any inquires about the position to: CISCUS_Careers@cisc.dk
Interviews will be held on an ongoing basis as applications are received.
- CISC is owned by the CI I, CI II, CI III, CI IV and NMF funds managed by Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners (CIP) with the purpose of delivering services to the growing portfolio of renewable assets managed by CIP.
- We enable high-performing renewables through specialist competencies, proactive business development and mutual value creation with trusted third-party suppliers. Our core focus is managing construction and operations of renewables, and we deliver a range of services related to construction management, commercial and operational management, financial management, compliance, tax and ESG.
- We provide a local presence in our key markets as our teams continue to develop and deliver best-in-class services that are tailored to our wide range of assets – from offshore and onshore wind projects, to solar and thermal assets.
- Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners (CIP) is a fund management company founded in 2012, which currently has six funds and more than EUR 10 billion under management. CIP’s current investments include a wide range of energy infrastructure assets including offshore wind, onshore wind, solar PV, biomass and energy from waste, transmission, distribution, and other energy assets like reserve capacity and storage. CIP has a global focus and currently manages investments in Europe, North America, Asia and Australia.